Also check the roadmap with release dates and planned features.
Version 0.9.3 - Released 23/Jan/2012
- minor bug fixes
- API now supports querying by filename (existing image on server filesystem, no need to add to database)
- API now supports querying by image data
- code cleanup on imgdb C++ module
- admin UI status page now shows server log
- build script improvements
- cleaning up sample API clients
- live demo available (http://demo.imgseek.net/)
- API now returns Doubles for all result scores (was sending 0% and 100% scores as Integers)
- iskdaemon now logs which config file was read during startup
- Windows installer now sets service as autostart
Version 0.9.2 - Released 15/Jan/2012
- Windows service now shuts down properly
- Updated online API reference docs
- Fixed bug and wrong doc when querying for random keywords
Version 0.9 - Released 7/Jan/2012
- settings are now stored on a INI-style text file (isk-daemon.conf) instead of settings.py. This file can be located on the current dir, on the user home dir or on '/etc/iskdaemon/'.
- many build fixes
- debian i386 package available
Version 0.8 - Released 25/Dec/2011
Fixed many memory leaks on the image processing code
- Updated to latest GWT (web ui), and other libs
- Fixed compatibility to latest versions of TwistedMatrix
- Code cleanups
- Source versioned as a single repository on Github
- Windows installer available. Option to run as a service or standalone
Version: 0.7 - Released 24/Dec/2008
- Fixed many memory leaks on the image processing code
- POST+XML API calls are no longer supported (was deprecated and on 0.7 will not be available anymore)
- mostPopularKeywords() removed
- minor documentation improvements
- removed inplace dependencies. All fetched with python setuptools now. XML-RPC being used by Gwt admin frontend now
- returning ints on values at getDbDetailedList()
- JSON-RPC backend not supported anymore
Version 0.6 – Released 21/July/2007
- Support for keyword management:
- Keywords could be used to identify users so isk-daemon can keep track of which images belongs to which user. This way you can do keyword-related queries on isk-daemon in order to query for similar images inside a user’s collection.
- Keywords can be interpreted as being just set identifiers, so in a sense this allows your application to tell isk-daemon which sets an image belongs to.
- These ids may be generated by hashing text-based keywords from an existing keyword oriented image management system.
- Only keyword ids (integers) are stored on isk-daemon
- More example Java, PHP and Python client libraries.
- Improved web admin interface.
- Internal support for multiple image database spaces so image databases can be segmented into partitions (also called database spaces) and persisted to different data files or a single file for all database spaces.
- Trial and Full versions are now delivered on the same build. Full version users must enter a valid license key on the settings.pyfile. Existing full version users will receive a valid key.
- Many bug fixes.
- Indexed image can be associated with keywords and new search methods are available for using keywords to narrow down the visual similarity search space.
- Memory leaks fixed.
Version 0.6.1 – Released 7/Aug/2007
- Windows version is now linked against the latest ImageMagick release.
Version 0.6.2 – Released 30/Aug/2007
- All trial restrictions removed.
- Released as opensource (GPL).
- File packages now hosted on SourceForge.net
- SF.net bug tracker is now used