Checklist for integrating to your existing server-side systems
In order to help you integrating isk-daemon to your existing image-related web site, we propose the following list of questions. Get in contact with as much details as you can so we can try to help.
- Do all images on your site have a logical representation on a relational database like MySQL, PostgreQSL etc where metadata may be stored?
- Or are they just referenced on static HTML pages?
- Do you have any server side logic for your site (PHP, ASP, CGI etc)?
- What’s your level of expertise writing web applications?
- Is your site hosted on Windows or Linux?
- Do you have shell access (Linux)?
- Do you plan on running isk-daemon on a shared hosting environment or on dedicated machines? Shared hosting environments normally do not support long-running processes like isk-daemon, which can use a lot of RAM/disk resources
- Which other capabilities are available at your hosting package ?
- Are the concepts and relations mentioned on the isk-daemon architecture clear to you?
- Do you have any web user interface already in place or are you planning a new one?
- Where are image files are stored?
- Which HTTP server do you use?
- How many images do you plan on making available to searching?
- How much CPU and RAM memory do you have available at your servers?